Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Need information on the Neil Family...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Jaimie Brehler
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Need information on the Neil Family... Reply with quote

To whom it may concern,

I am the grandson of the Neil family that resides not far from the ferry docks on Bois Blanc Island. I have only met them twice in my life time and unfortunately had a falling out with my father Bob Neil (their son) a few years back so I have lost touch with them. I have even forgotten their first names although I believe my grandfather’s name was Donald?

If you happen to know their first names and what has happened to them since around 1997 (last time I saw them) I would greatly appreciate knowing as well.

Sincerely,

Mr. Jaimie A. Brehler
jabrehler@msn.com
Mr. Jaimie Brehler
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: I found what I was looking for. Reply with quote

A memorial service for Donald J. Neil was held Sunday August 19 at the Church of the Transfiguration. He died June 10, in Cheboygan. He was 89 years old, born in Watertown, NY. He had a twin sister, Pat. Don moved to Michigan in 1930, and retired from the Ford tractor plant in Highland Park, and moved to the Island in 1972—near the turnoff to the Firetower Rd. He served as chief of the volunteer fire department and also as harbor master. He enjoyed helping Ray Plaunt on the boat as a deck hand from time to time. His wife Francis preceded him in death. They had two sons and a daughter, 8 grandchildren, and 8 great-grandchildren.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: