Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Photo Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Photo Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shelby
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

Help! This computer illiterate BBI resident would like to develop my Gallery. How do I post pictures? If it requires standing on one leg or reciting an ancient incantation BACKWARDS I'm game.

Shelby
Innkeeper
Insel Haus
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be that hard, Shelby.. For you and anyone else that wants to get their own album started..

click on albums at the top of the page
go to bottom of albums and click on users personal galleries
there should be a button there at the top to click on to create your own

Can't wait to see your pics...... #Wink2 #infinity
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al's Sister wrote:
It won't be that hard, Shelby.. For you and anyone else that wants to get their own album started..

click on albums at the top of the page
go to bottom of albums and click on users personal galleries
there should be a button there at the top to click on to create your own

Can't wait to see your pics...... #Wink2 #infinity

...you forgot the part about hopping up and down on one leg, it won't work unless you do that. Razz
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Rofl I thought with all the other contortions Shelby was willing to go thru that the hopping up and down was a given! #jumping Good luck, Shelby, don't hurt yourself..
wine country
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: photo gallery Reply with quote

Smile Shelby, take it from a rookie like me you can do it ,because after all i finally did it. (with all the help coming from als sister) It will take a few tries and you may get lost. My jumping around part came when i finally figured it out. Yeah!!! And by the way what an outstanding looking B.&B. (From your website) Regards, Kevin ) Smile
shelby
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Album pictures Reply with quote

What a great support team! Matter of fact that word Support sums up how I feel about this web site. No weak links in this chain. The support one gets from members shines through like a laser, a beacon of light. I may throw Google out and just rely on the BBI crowd.

Thanks again.

Shelby
Innkeeper
Insel Haus
shelby
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Corrupt files? Not me! Reply with quote

Folks, how do I address this problem? All of my picture files appear to be either corrupt or too large. First time I've ever been accused of corruption. Judge, if that's the charge I plead ignorance. That's my fall back position so sue me! Could it have been something I did? You know, inadvertently? Do I toss the computer and start fresh or can it be decorrupted? My computer and I, we're at the mercy of the court. We await your judgement.

I'm really committed to boring you with my pictures, but this is getting pretty frustrating.

Help!

Shelby
Innkeeper
Insel Haus
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shelby,

e-mail a couple of your corruptions so I can have a look at them. Perhaps I can shed some light. I want to see those boring pictures. Laughing I especially want to see an alpacha or two (I'm sure I murdered that spelling).

Rob

webmaster@bois-blanc.com
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what Rob says.. Very Happy I bet you need to resize your pictures though..

780 x 520 at 130 resolution will make a nice quality 6 x 4 print and is the right size for a quick upload to the internet... Most photo editing programs will ask for pixels for resizing. Notice that the larger pixels are for the long side of the pic.. For a 4 x 6 (vertical) you would put in 520 x 780. Create a copy of the original to edit it for size first.

OR

If you have Windows XP you can download a neat power tool from the Windows site. The power tool has a resizer that is quick and easy to use.. When you get the resizer, all you have to do is right click on the pic, click resize picture, and then a window will pop up asking for the size you want. Click smallest and you will get a copy of the pic in a smaller version for uploading.

Hope this helps, Shelby. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Photo Comments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: