Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

I'm New Here, Too! :-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dee
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: I'm New Here, Too! :-) Reply with quote

[color=darkred][/color]Hello everyone and Happy Holidays! I am new to your group. A little about myself: I am married to a wonderful guy, we live downstate in the Adrian area. Hubby and I have 3 kids, all in their 20's. Our middle son just got married a few weeks ago and he is leaving on Dec. 26th for Iraq (with the Army) Sad We have thee most beautiful little grandangel that anyone can have Smile. She is 22 months old and the prettiest little girl you've ever seen... and I'm not biased or anthing Smile. We have a cottage on Lake Huron in Harrisville, MI. All though hubby and I have never been to the island we hope to visit this coming summer. I've always wanted to retire to an island in MI. Always. Anyway, my name is Dee and I'm glad to meet you all.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Dee! Your family sound wonderful! Best wishes to your son and his military efforts. We appreciate him. Enjoy the site!
Very Happy
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dee :wave: welcome to the site. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your son and family.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Welcome to the site ....

Please do come visit our Island ...

Its a very special place ...... I feel blessed to be part of it ...

I have not lived there for many years ...

Was able to get a visit in this summer ..

My prayers are with your son for his safe return ...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho Dee..hope to meet you up there sometime! Enjoy this site and all the wonderful people here!
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Dee, glad to have you join us. I have a nephew heading back to Iraq in January. His second tour. His first was on the front lines, and he was there for 10 months. This time he will be gone for a year. I support our troops and have a yellow ribbon on my truck, and hope all of them come home safely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cindy Childs
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wecome Dee. what unit is he with? and Bois Blanc Girl what unit is your soldier with? My nephew is going Jan 2 out of Fort Stuart Georgia with the 3rd, they were the ones that took the airport in Bahgdad to start with, they are going for 12 months. I think it a great idea to send an island care package to each of them next year from the island in the summer. I sent him T-shirts from the island ( a green one) and when my son was there I sent him an "Island related care package", you know maple syrup, t-shirt, picture of the lake and sunsets and us. Maybe the new owners at Hawk's would put a box out for donations and we can send them right from the post office there? Worth trying. Maybe I should have made this a new post topic...
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea Cindy!! And my nephew is with the Army's 3rd out of Fort Stuart GA also.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Clover Reply with quote

Sounds like a great ideal !!

Bois blanc Island girl ...

Is this Rachels son going over again ???

I would like an address to send things or just write to any one over there .. when the Gulf War was going on they printed addresses out in the newspapers and I would write and never knew who it was going to .. I would like to do this again .. Anyone know how to get an address ???

God Bless The Troops !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Connie, I am talking about Rachel's son. As soon as I get an address for him over there, I'll be sure to give it to you.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks Clover !!

I will be praying for his safe return ... !!
islendbird

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by islendbird on Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is very cute, and now she doens't have to wear the oxygen anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: