Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Whats the deal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilotkid
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Whats the deal? Reply with quote

The forum's been stagnant lately. Just wanted to say...
WOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ambs
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been hiding behind that horrible homework stuff. so far so good (well, almost) first week of second semester down and i'm still missing a class worth of books.

havent heard from you in a while. stop being so anti-social, jonathan!
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree.. Here is a chance to update what everyone is doing.. I'm game! Very Happy So here is the question everyone...

What's keeping you so busy?

I've been on here a couple times of day but missed out on getting to the Island so have no new pictures from there.. Just trying to keep track of the contests mostly.. From here I go to a photo forum I'm a member of and try to add my two cents or pick up some neat techniques and tips to expand my photographic skills.. Taking walks in the woods with my dog and taking care of the house is about the extent of my winter existance.. Laughing My husbands tile business is picking back up after 2 months down. It's nice having the time to get the wood pile stacked and the house buttoned down for hybernation.. No far reaching travel plans for now. We just had a new head put on our Jeep Cherokee.. It's a 2000 and we hear this is a common problem with the engine for this year.. Anyone else have the same problem? So as you can tell, not much to report here.. Now Troy has a new job! I would like to hear how that is going?? You students are excused because you [url]should[/url] be hitting the books! Laughing Hope all is well with everyone and the ice is making...
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, it seems like staying warm is a full-time job. Those of you with a skin thick enough to enjoy winter sports, I tip my (woolen) hat to you.

Other than that, I am grateful to be employed full-time, hopefully racking up enough vacation to spend some quality time on the Island this summer. Sam and I are settled in at our "new" place in Hamburg Township (Whitmore Lake, according to USPS). We get to see my daughter every other weekend - she just turned 5 this month.

I've been playing guitar for a local acoustic band, which consumes at least one or two evenings per week. If I was a good little musician, I'd be spending even more time practicing, taking lessons, etc. But for now, I'm just happy to be working with a band again and earning some pocket change. It's still not even enough to offset the cost of buying music supplies, but... what the hell, it keeps me off the streets.

And, of course, now that I have a heated pole barn Happy Happy Happy I am able to spend some quality time pursuing my automotive hobby. I'm restoring a 1964 Ford pickup that my Dad used on the Island while I was growing up. In addition to that project, I have another '64 Ford pickup, plus a '63 and a '68 Ford F250 ex-volunteer fire truck. I also find myself spending entirely too much time working on my '85 Econoline van and '86 Dodge pickup, just to keep them on the road. My poor old Ford 9N tractor has been neglected, so I am unable to use it for plowing snow as I have in years past.

I can't wait to feel and smell the spring air, and set foot on Bois Blanc again.

Happy winter, everyone, and I hope to see many of you this spring/summer!

Dan
pilotkid
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha look at me, the little rabble rouser. Well on top of high school, I'm taking a geo class at the community college that will transfer to Western in the fall, and I'm also a student at Baker College of Aviation in the instrument/commercial program, and typically I fly 2 nights a week and have class for 4 hours one night a week...no more flying for fun. That will transfer to WMU's College of Avation next fall too...what can I say, I like having a leg-up on everyone. And, the icing on the cake is that I'm in the High school musical (Joseph and the amazing...). Its really quite hectic.
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been busy with work, and fighting for computer time with my card playin' crazy husband. Has slowed down now at work and I am down with a nasty cold. Kids are busy with school. Husband is getting busier with work now, another tile setter. I check my mail, family site, and this site...then get the heck out of the way for poker night! That's about it!
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have been at my new job for a little over 2 weeks. The first week was really easy, this is a new office so we spent the week buying furniture and stuff, getting phone and internet servce, and setting everything up. The second week I spent in Virginia for training, I go back again sometime in early February. This week I have done a little bit of work, but we are mainly still getting settled in. I now have a very fancy little laptop and our internet service was hooked up yesterday. I also hooked up a wireless router at home so I can use my computer there, so I really should be around more.

Other than that I have been trying to keep up with the kids. We have done a lot around the house lately becuase we are thinking of buying a larger house. Still haven't had time to mess with my jet ski that I want to have running by spring.

Oh, and those CD's I promised will be completed soon!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pretty busy this winter too. Mostly trying to keep warm, but really, I've been working with my hubby and son finishing up on burning all of the brush we created from different projects, and we always wait until snow flies before we burn it. At the end of each day I smell like the brush fire.......by the time I shower, make dinner, and do the dishes, I am pretty worn out. I've tried the chat nights a couple of times, but I've only seen Susie, and she must be loggin out just as I'm loggin in. But most times I either forget about it, or am just too #### tired!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wirless now, I may be on all the time, I can sit in front of the TV while staying logged on.
Works is going great, I have been on 2 trips now and I think both have gone well. While I am in the office I can stay logged on too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you think you're so smart!! I've been wireless for 4 year now! Isn't it great!!!! I can talk on the phone, type on my 'puter, and watch TV all at the same time. Gets hectic, but I can do it!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been busy chasing Kate around, getting ready for a new baby coming in May sometime, still unpacking boxes from our move in August, taking two masters classes this semester and of course working full time. This is why the site still says Happy New Year and the new contest winner photos aren't up yet. I should be able to do some updates around here tomorrow.
islendbird

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: