Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Site/Forum Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Log in problem Reply with quote

When I get on the site I go to the menu at the top to log in. The problem is that I have to log in twice before it shows me as logged on. A side issue is that when I log on twice in a row the forum shows that I have seen all the postings so I can't view entries since I last visited.

Can I do something to correct this problem? I tried using the other log in spot down on the right side of the home page with the same result.
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have put this site into my favorites and everytime I enter this site I go to my favorites and click on the "Bois Blanc Island Site." I do not recall ever having a problem with doing it this way.... Hope this might help! Question
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't log out once you are logged in.. I never log out and have the site in my favorites.. Very Happy I'm trying to remember if there is a problem with not logging out but I can't think of any.. I stay logged in on the sites I go to every day so I don't miss those updates..
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: logging Reply with quote

Mike,
I've been having the same problem. I think it started about the time the site was hacked. I just stay logged out until I want to post or load a pic and then it askes me to log in and it takes. I think the home page log in works, but doesn't customize the home page with your info. I prefer to think there are little cyber fairies that like to play tricks and rather than deep six the fairies we need to beat them at their own game! #angel ...ok, so that's an angel, not a fairy!
Be the only mark over my grave
dave
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else having the same problem? It hasn't happened to me since I changed the code to fix the hacking problem. What is displayed after your first log in attempt?
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dad. I never log out, so I never log in. If I had to log in now, I wouldn't be able to remember my password.
doug miller
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have it in my favorites and am automatically logged in when I open the site.
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but for those who share a computer (lani & mike?) it might not be practical or possible to stay logged in...
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is happening to me now too. A lot of times, before, I would have to log in twice, but the new posts would still be highligted for me. Now I am getting the same thing Mike is, where they are not highlighted. I just use the home page and look at the latest posts and I know which ones I haven't read.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Log in Problem Reply with quote

Nice response. I took the advice of everyone, especially my sister and daughter. I do have the site in my favorites and I have checked the little automatic log in box in the past. It has never allowed me to have an auto log in.

I logged in today and checked the box and wham bam I'm logged in. I didn't log out but left internet explorer and got off the internet. then I got back on the internet with Windows Explorer, went to favorites and click this site. I am not logged in automaticlly, and when I do log in the little box is unchecked.

So, somehow, the problem is partially solved because it is now logging me in first try. The auto log on problem is probably in my own computer with Norton Antivirus, Spybot-Search & Destroy, and windows XP firewall. What do you think.
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure are or were doing a lot to get logged in. Confused
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

The problem seems to be fixed! I just logged in and it went fine! Thanks! I was thinking it was just a problem on my computer. I have a 1919 model t computer with a hand-crank starter!
Be the only mark over my grave
dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Site/Forum Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: