Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

What is your favorite spot....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Congrats Reply with quote

Rudy,

Congrats on your own new little country. I'll skip the air tanks and send out a couple of cows and some stuff to build a rudyland schoolhouse.

If you talk to Elvis nice, you can get him to sing "Love me tender" to Margie T. When JH and RN kick in with the chorus, it will bring tears to your eyes. Simply breathtaking.

By the way, don't try to eat the little purple plants with the arms on them. Those are the space aliens with leprosey. They will kick your butt.

Over and out.

C
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By the way, don't try to eat the little purple plants with the arms on them. Those are the space aliens with leprosey. They will kick your butt.

Sounds as if Conis knows this from experience!

Quote:
And Conis, what ever you are having, save me some!

Maybe you better not Rudy! #Beer

On second thought ditto for me Conis! After the day I had today.....

ROFLMAO! #Silly
Jordan Hartman
Coast Comber
Coast Comber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite spot on the island is on the porch of the BBI Club looking out onto the lake and sitting around the fire
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: BBI Club Reply with quote

Jordan - you must be very carefull around th BBI Club - They have also been known to have alcohlic beverages there!! #Beer #Beer Very Happy
Can't wait to see you guys again this fall - Hi from Iowa!!!!!!!
byg
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Fav BBI Spot Reply with quote

Favorite BBI Spot? Well, I've always liked the seclusion of the north shore. In 1996 we drove the Buick to Bible beach and ended up getting a flat just before the main road. Worse - no jack - no iron - but at least i had a spare, right? Keep in mind this was before every kindergartener had a cell phone, so we walked - my friend, myself, my dog, sister-in-law and my VERY pregnant wife. Oh did i mention it was early August (assoc. days) and quite hot? My buddy's cabin is near Walker's Pt. - quite a hike. But we figured we could get to someone who might be able to help before dying from the seagull-size skeeters or heat exhaustion. Soon enough a passer by stopped and had a bag phone - remember those? Well it barely caught enough signal and then we had to rely on my buddy's bad memory to recall his parent's number at the cabin - the line had just been installed that summer. It all worked out without incident - but it is a fond adventure we all remember. By the way - we made it all the way just past the landing strip because we knew of the folks who inhabited a trailer near there and pregnant wife had to pee!
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: oh Reply with quote

Oh the wonderful memories on Bois Blanc Island when we were LOTS younger .. flat tires .... you name it .. the walk in the night to get home with no flash light !! Glad you have your memory too !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: