Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

boat rental
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RenoGin
Plaunt Pal
Plaunt Pal

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: boat rental Reply with quote

Hi
I am going to be staying on the west end July 24 to July 31-- I am looking to hire someone to take me out to get photos of Round Island lighthouse-- Do you know of anyone who would do that one day?

Thanks
Ginny
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ginny,

My wife and I are planning to be up there that week. If we can get together we can kayak/canoe over. We are bringing at least 2 canoes and probably a couple of kayaks (sit on tops- very safe, no rolling!). I'm sure we could agree on a date.
Be the only mark over my grave
dave
RenoGin
Plaunt Pal
Plaunt Pal

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Rudy Reply with quote

Rudy
That would be great-- I will be staying on the West end at the Gekle's place-- Herritage Ridge-- I have a cell phone-- not sure if it will work there 775-232-0220.

I will gladly pay you for a trip over there-- will make lunch too-- just let me know before I get to the island--LOL so I can bring food--I leave Reno July 12th-- headed by train to Mac-- then the 24th to the Island. It is just me --

Need photos of all sides of the Round Island Lighthouse. Having a crystal cube made of it.

Thanks
Ginny
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ginny,
There's no charge to take a friend boating! That goes for any of our Island friends wanting to try paddling with us! Now, if you want to sit in the middle seat with your parasol that is something different! (Then we would require that you pass us a cold refreshing beverage on occasion!) Very Happy
We will be camping somewhere, probably either the North Shore or near Thompson lake. We'll solidify plans before you leave. Probably meet at Hawk's Landing. We look forward to meeting you and all our Island friends!
dave
Pami-roo
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ginny!

Last time Rudy convinced ME to just sit in the canoe and not paddle we wound up wrapped around a rock! Luckily the water wasn't real deep, although plenty swift, so I was able to push through the current to shore while Rudy pulled the poor canoe to shore. Have you ever paddled a sit-on-top? I think you'd really like it, but if you don't have a lot of paddling experience we can help you out either way. Hope to see you this summer!
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ginny .. Have not talked to you for along while but glad your plans are still heading for the Island .. !! I will not be there at that time Sad

I bet you will have a wonderful time with Rudy and Pami-roo !

I hope to met them one day !

Wonderful days on the island !! Happy Happy Happy to you all !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like sooo much fun! Our Cousin's Reunion is that weekend.. If the timing is right I would love to join you.. I'll be bringing my own kayak. Cool
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be wonderful! We'll be bringing extra boats. maybe we could have a great floatilla! I think we'll have to plan a picnic on Round Island!
dave
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have our gathering on Saturday. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome! It's potluck at the fire hall and then we go hang at Mike and Lani's at Sand Bay. Hope you are planning the flotilla for Sunday. If not and I can't join you all, hope I get to meet you sometime.. Smile We might be having a wedding at our reunion this year! Details haven't been cleared up yet. Cool
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wedding? What good timing - when many in the family are already there. How about a birthday bash? I know someone who is turning 60 this year. December birthdays are too hard to attend in the winter on the island.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Al and Lina will be getting hitched then.. If you want to celebrate your Dad's birthday then too it would be real fun! Cool
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: And Reply with quote

You can celebrate lana's Birthday too since hers is in Dec too .. just after her dads birthday !!

Dad and Daughter Birthday

FUN !! #jumping
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RenoGin
Plaunt Pal
Plaunt Pal

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: boat rental Reply with quote

Thanks gang for all the replies--
Never paddled anything but my kids--LOL But I can try-- I will do whatever you want--

Picnic sounds great -- you name the day. I love to cook!!! Just let me know early enough so I buy some food before I get there. I am going there alone so looking for all the friends I can make. If this goes well I will be back next year. Try to go to the Yacht races or just back east once a year.

You have my cell and hopefully it will work out there. So just give me a call-- I sooo need this vacation. I will be leaving here July 12th--
Thanks for making me feel welcome--
Ginny
RenoGin
Plaunt Pal
Plaunt Pal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Rudy Reply with quote

I will be leaving Reno July 12th-- so we need to get things set before then. My cabin rental goes from Sunday to Sunday (24th - 31st)--I will be coming over from Mackinac Island. Just let me know where to meet and what day and time.

I am so excited about this!!!!

Ginny
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Paddling Plans! Reply with quote

Whew, after alot of scrambling Pam and I are going to be able to head North this Friday, June 10. We should reach Topinabee Saturday and hope to be on BBI Monday through Wednesday. Between Pam's work and my summer workshops it's going to be a bear of a time trying to get north.... unless I get a job somewhere in Mi, then everything changes! I had a college summit workshop scheduled for August 4,5,6. They just announced that the dates have been changed to July28,29,30. Looks like that trip to BBI will have to be rearranged to August 22-27. A short one! Can we plan our Round Island excursion for Monday the 25th? That way we have an alternate if the weather is bad.
dave
Cindy Childs
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudy - Have you contacted the ISD's for any of the counties you want to work in? I know downstate it happens through an application process and interview session coordinated through the ISD. They get the paperwork part and criminal checks all set, and then the individual school districts look at the list of prospective applicants and set up the interviews. Every now and then a school hires based on the person contacting themselves. What do you teach? What certificates do you have? What do you want to teach? We are about 3 hours from Cheboygan, but straight shot up I-75, makes it ok. I didn't know if West Virginia works the same as Michigan or not. There are lots of small community colleges too that look for techers. Good luck!! Hope to see you in a pickup looking like you are moving somewhere!
doug miller
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudy: I noticed you said you were going to be in Topinabee. I don't know if they are still working on the road between there and Cheboygan, but if so it apparently is causing a serious delay. Plaunt has recommended that folks heading north should take exit 326 and avoid the delay. You might check to see if the road is still being worked on.
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help! I am a Biology/General Science/Earth/Space Science teacher. My experience is middle and high school. I have my master's in elementary ed. I was certified to teach in michigan back in 1982, but that was a provisional certification. From what I can understand on the Michigan Department of Ed. site I shouldn't have any trouble getting re-certified. I have applied directly to about 15-20 schools throughout the state, mostly North, but several South as well (Coloma, Concord, and outside Lansing). I'd prefer to stay in smaller districts. I'm not familiar with the ISD's, and haven't worked through them.... maybe that's why I'm not hearing back from many schools. I am getting the feeling that my years experience and the fact that I have a mater's degree is actually working against me. I'd start pretty far up the pay ladder...
I am a St.Charles graduate, (1976). We used to play against Montrose. Weren't they black and white? I think I may still have one of their football jerseys. Have traveled through there many many times!
dave
Cindy Childs
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes St Charles Bulldogs played the Montrose Rams! I know that The Saginaw and Genesee Intermediate School Districts do the application screening , Have you tried New Lothrup? They had a few positions opening up due to retirements. Birch Run is bigger but still small town atmosphere. Kalkaska is up north and a county system, or try Onaway, Alpena etc. Just trying to help you and Pam get closer to BBI! Laughing Or try Mott Community College, Rochester College, North western Michigan, Roscommon, need more? Little Community Colleges love experience.
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cindy! I'd like to stay in the Northern end of the state, but it's not a bad drive from Birch Run, if you leave at night!! Wow, the traffic on 75 has been incredible the last few years! Last year we got off at Montrose, drove over past Chesaning and took all back roads up. It was long, but a nice drive!
I'll send out applications to the places you mentioned..... I hadn't really thought about community colleges. Great Idea! Thanks again! Hope to meet you and your's soon!
dave
RenoGin
Plaunt Pal
Plaunt Pal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Rudy Reply with quote

I am on the Island the 25th- 31 so any day is fine with me.

Sorry for the lat response-- been busy and no time to play on the computer.
Thanks
Ginny
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check your months when checking dates
RenoGin
Plaunt Pal
Plaunt Pal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

sorry I am on the Island July 24-31-- I leave Reno July 11th--
Ginny
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I am mistaken, but I think Dave and Pam had to reschedule their BBI trip to August.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Lana Reply with quote

Lana ... could you please let me know if that info is correct ???
about Rudy having to change plans ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: