Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Seeking family Heritage from Bois Blanc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billie_Jo
Coast Comber
Coast Comber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Seeking family Heritage from Bois Blanc Reply with quote

Hey all, new to the site. Posted a newbie note the other night but no replies as yet. Hopefully just being overlooked and not ignored as on so many other sites where everybody knows everybody and newbies are pretty well shunned. I'm a Northern lower michigander, lived in the same town my whole life, 37 years now. Hopefully if the Island holds family lore for me I'll make it that way this summer in my genealogical roadtrips.

Thanks
Billie Jo
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Billie Joe! So sorry we haven't responded yet.. I haven't seen the other post! Embarassed So nice you posted again.. I would love to hear about your connection to the Island.. There are a couple other geneology nuts on this board.. Where are you in the north.. I'm near Traverse City.. Again, welcome! Make yourself at home and enjoy the banter.. Very Happy Hope you join us..
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Jo, I finally saw your other post.. And am glad Tony responded. (Thanks Tony! Very Happy ) Good luck with your search and be sure to check out the historical society when you visit the Island..
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Welcome to a wonderful site! I am in Traverse City. Hopefully you will be able to meet me or some of these other good folks when you visit! Very Happy

Last edited by Al'sOtherSister on Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Welcoma Billie Jo! Reply with quote

Believe me, Billie Jo, this isn't like other sites! I've only been on for a short while, and feel very much at home. These are some of the nicest people you'll ever want to meet! Welcome! dave
Be the only mark over my grave
dave
Billie_Jo
Coast Comber
Coast Comber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: thanks from a newbie Reply with quote

Hey all, thanks for the replies...I'm in Grayling, so not too far from T.C. and yes my other post received many replies and has given me a very good reason to hope to be able to visit the island this summer.

Jo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: