Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

A Brief History..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: A Brief History.. Reply with quote

Al White, the postmaster, has written and produced a 15 page summary called A Brief History of Michigan, Bois Blanc Island and The Island Postal Service. He is offering them for sale for $3.00. They are on sale at Hawks and the post office. Or if you want to order one, send a check to postmaster at the Island post office and include $1.75 for shipping and handling. All proceeds go back to the post office funds to recoup the cost of printing, ect.

Al says often people come in with loads of questions at the post office so with the help of Mike White, he gathered historic info and narrates this summary from the glaciers to now.. I'm biased cuz he's my brother, but this narrative is impressive. Cool He pulled the history together and made it easier to understand and follow by keeping it simple.. Great Job, Al! I would recommend this highly..
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update.. A call from Al this morning.. The cost of shipping it to you is $2.00 not $1.75 as I had said in the previous post.. For a total of $5.00. Checks or money orders should be payable to Postmaster at the Bois Blanc Island post office.. Send your order there and Al will get your copy(ies) right out to you.. Additional copis will cost more because of the added weight.. Contact Al at the post office for more details. Proceeds will go back to the post office to help support it's existance on Bob-lo.. Thanks to everyone for your support! Very Happy
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: what Reply with quote

What a Great idea .. and in simple terms too !! Great !!Smile

I know them well and know they have done a good job .. the 5$ is worth it !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
islendbird

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: