Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Island Qualities??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is most important to you on BBI?
community/family/culture/history
33%
 33%  [ 14 ]
pristine environment
45%
 45%  [ 19 ]
freedom
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
recreation
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
economy
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
other (please elaborate in the forum)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 42

JessKidder
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Island Qualities?? Reply with quote

What is your favorite/most important aspect(s) of the Island? What do you value most about BBI? what do you value least? What keeps you coming back?
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about all of the above? I love all of these things about the island, but if I have to pick one, it is the community/family/friends/history.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DawnM
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Favorite thing about the island Reply with quote

My favorite thing about the island so far is the lake shore. I love watching all the boats while relaxing at the waters edge. My first trip to the island was July 4th weekend and probably didn't see it at it's calmest.
wine country
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Poll question so important Reply with quote

Smile Glad to see pristine environment pulling away in the poll question...Just return from a weeks worth of pristine vacation and you will understand its importance....Now i am back to reality and have been already asked..Do you want fries with that?? Ugh!!!!!! #evil Regards, Kevin......
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a photographer I'm naturally inclined toward the pristine beauty. Smile

I'm heading up tomorrow for an extended stay.. Our Cousin's Reunion is this coming weekend! WhoHoo! Cool Hope to meet up with some of you.. I'll be in the light blue ford pickup with the aluminum cap on the back. Red kayak strapped to the top! I'll be camping behind Al's in the Pines.
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be up Thursday, Maroon MPV Van. Camping behind Al's, across from the school house. Stop by and say Hi!
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Island Qualities Reply with quote

Quality #1: Remoteness. No blacktop roads. No traffic problems.
Quality #2: Natural beauty. I love the geology, the plants that thrive in it, the unspoiled shorelines. (Some new shoreline builders seem to forget that those out in the lake do not want to see some collossal house. I can see those monsters in subdivisions down state. From the water, I appreciate the low profile, simple lines of the partially concealed old cabins nestled into the landscape and protected from the harsh lake winds. The trees that line the lakes reward the viewer with their weathered personalities and remind us with their rugged trunks and knarled branches just how tough it is to grow there and how irreplacable these ancient trees are. The smart builder needs only a small, narrow, tunnel-like clearing of land to view the lake, and thus keeping the island edge beautiful for all to see.)
Quality #3: Tranquility. (exceptions are personal water craft and irresponsible, incessant atv use)
Quality #4: Salt of the earth, opinionated people.
Eric Evans
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. No shopping malls, condos, banks, 7-11s, or fudge shops.
2. Giant clean swimming pool.
3. The smell.
4. The stars.
5. The nature.
6. The pace.
7. The well water (I get a much better shave).
8. The history.
9. No bridge.
10. The quiet (not counting the annoying dirt bikes).
11. Small town attitude.
12. The people (except for the "fudgies").

Annoying things?
1. The tourists that have no respect. I came across a vacant still-burning fire recently.
2. Not having a Home Depot within delivery range so I don't have to call ten different stores to get what I need. But that can also be a good thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: