Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Seems like "ole times"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cindy Riker
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Seems like "ole times" Reply with quote

Some pretty good music still coming out of those "Iowa boys" at the Tavern this past weekend. So good to have Taco Tuesdays. Lady's Shuffleboard Thursdays and who know what for the weekend. Welcome back Barb. Seems like "ole times"!
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can hardly wait to show up there this coming weekend! Yeah! Very Happy
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: I Reply with quote

I was WAITING to hear some news of the bar ..

How long will it be open ????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cindy Riker
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It opened Labor Day Weekend. For anyone interested, there will be a Halloween Party on Oct 29th. Prizes for best costumes.
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the Saturday night music, compliments of Ron et al. It was a treat. I wished like hell that I'd brought my guitar this time to play along. Crying or Very sad If only I had known!

d.
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Music from The Iowa boys! Reply with quote

Hi Cindy - wish I could have gotten to meet you - I stopped at your place once and missed you - As far as the music, I was the one playing the Pedal steel guitar - That was fun - kinda like old times again!!
By the way - What's with this 80 - 90 degree weather - I bring up a sleeping bag and our cabin was hotter than H*ll - I Should have brought my swimming trunks!!!!!!
C Ya.......Ron
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Music Reply with quote

OK Dan - which one were you!!! - I wish you would have introduced yourself (or maybe you did :cheers: ) We had plenty of guitars that had a lot of notes unplayed on them!!!!
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the scraggly, tall blond guy wearing a black baseball hat - hanging out there with my friend Terry (I walked over and listened as you explained some of the pedal steel moves to him). It was fascinating to watch and hear you, and I sure didn't want to interrupt the great music as you and the others played. Please let me/us know next time you'll be there and treating the bar to some music, and I will be sure to have my instrument along.

Dan
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Music Reply with quote

Now I remember you - This thing has become sort of an annual Gig on the first weekend in October, but lately we have been having it at someones cabin while the bar was closed - Don't be afraid to bring your axe next time - it's more fun with more musicians - actually what you heard me play was taped!! Twisted Evil - I really enjoy playing steel guitar and it is fun to be able to see people having fun while we play - Myrna was going to bring up a small PA system , but she was a little under the weather and didn't hang around - She has a ball and is a good singer and player also. - Fot those who don't know who he is, the Older Gentleman that was sitting to my left is the great grandson of Mary McCrae, which is who I wrote the article about in the Kerr McCrae history that can be found on the opening page - Neat guy and a lot of fun.
Take care and thanx for letting me know who you was......Ron

Last edited by Ron Petersen on Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Peterson wrote:
...the Older Gentleman that was sitting to my left is the grandson of Mary McCrae, which is who I wrote the article about in the Kerr McCrae history that can be found on the opening page...

Link to Kerr/McCrae article: http://www.bois-blanc.com/mk/index.html

http://www.bridge-view.net
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I mentioned Everett (the older gentleman)- I should have said Great grandson instead of grandson - - My mind was still coming down from the island trip - Next year we will be featuring "CONIS" on the steel guitar while wearing a TuTu!!!!!
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get ontoit with the TuTu. It will be camo so no one can see me.

As far as the pedal steel. I am ontoit with that too. But I am just a beginner and being that... have dusted off some of my Jimmy Hendrix and Chubby Checker LPs and adapting many of those old favorite tunes to the steel guitar. In fact I am working on a version of Purple Haze you can do the twist to. I figure no one will be able to tell I am a beginner and most will probably leave the bar in 30 seconds or less. Laughing

Ron... Your skill on that instrument is beyond awesome. I am green with envy. My feble brain can marginally comprehend the complexity of it all!

C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: