Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Countdown to Full time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cindy Childs
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:14 am    Post subject: Countdown to Full time Reply with quote

Hi! We are Gary and Cindy Childs. The Little Log Cabin on the end of Mary's Lake. Our family traditon of Thanksgiving on the Island has been interrupted by our 14 year old son breaking his femur on the school playground and not being able to move him at all for the next 3 months. We may have to fly in when he finally can travel again and do our turkey then. In the mean time we have 4 years to go to full time residency in paradise - the island. We will start counting the months soon, my problem will be storage for all of our hobby supplies! We may have to build a couple buildings to house "stuff". Glad to find this site.
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:59 pm    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote

Hi Cindy & Gary,

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us! Sorry to hear about your change of t-day plans & especially your son, must be a rough playground. confused That must be driving him crazy not to move. Is he in traction?

Four years to go, that's awesome! Our first-born will be ten weeks old tomorrow. We've got many many years to go before we'll be full time. Rolling Eyes

Glad you stopped in, stop back often!

Rob
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cindy, and welcome! I think I've seen your cabin a few times - it's the fairly new one, I assume... Verrrry nice. We're on ten acres between Mary and Thompson, and our property stretches down to the north shore of Thompson. Not full-time Islanders, but I do hope to begin spending a lot more time there in the years to come. Glad to have you on the Bulletin Board.

Sorry to hear of your son's misfortune... I'll bet everyone is looking forward to things getting back to normal.

Again, good to have you here!
Dan Reynolds
Kathy Craft
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Hi Cindy Reply with quote

Cindy, What did that boy do Sad So sorry to hear about his accident.

I only seen you once this summer. How have you been? I don't get over
there much. Plan on retiring about the time you plan on being there
full time. Talk to you soon.

Kathy Craft
and 3 boys. We owned and operated the Boathouse from 1991-1999. After my husband passed away in 1999, I have been in Cheboygan with our son Rick while he is in high school. Will be back on the island soon.
Bruce Lord
Tavern Tennant
Tavern Tennant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:39 pm    Post subject: HI GUYS Reply with quote

wow sounds like Jeffrey is bumin. We didnt make it either but not because of anything serious. Hope everything goes well with his recovery. i'll be up in february probably just to screw around if i see any wierdness I'll tell ya. Tell Gary to have a Beer! and relax. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: