Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

New Fire Truck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: New Fire Truck Reply with quote

A big event for this summer, 2006, will be the arrival of a new fire truck.

The truck will have a short turning radius, although chainsaws may still be needed on some peoples drives. It will have a 1000 gallons on board. It will not only be foam capable but will be compressed air foam capable. It is hoped that it will be here in time to be on display at Fun Day.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! You fire fighters must be very pleased! It makes me feel safer! Very Happy
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: \i Reply with quote

Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Good for you .. !!

I know all you fire fighters have worked hard in getting all set up ..

I really enjoyed the tour of the firehouse last summer .. it helps me understand what you have and i love that big room for events ..... we all know that the island needs a place to gather ......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news Mike! Hopefully we can make it to fun day this year to see the festivities and the new truck.

http://www.bridge-view.net
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Arrival of new fire truck Reply with quote

I just learned that the new fire truck should arrive on Monday, May 15th, on the 4pm boat from town. So, if your on the island, you can get a look at it then.
stumpy110_98
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Fire Truck Reply with quote

Hey what make, model and year is the fire truck. I am asst. Fire Chief down in Monroe County. I have been fire fighting for 14 years going on 15. We just bought a new Pierce fire truck in March that i built for our dept. I always enjoy knowing what other Dept. have for trucks. I would like to see the Fire Station when i come up there and see the trucks. Maybe if you like we can swap patches. I come up with my buddies on the island to their cabin over by lake mary. Thanks.

Ron
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Some Details on the Truck Reply with quote

The truck was made to order just this spring 2006.

It is a Kenworth with turbocharged Cummins engine and Allison transmission. It was put together by Pierce in Florida. It also has a 4500 watt generator for flood lights, etc. It will spray compressed air foam (CAF) out of two hose reels, two 1 1/2" pre-connected crosslayed hoses, and one 2 1/2" discharge at the rear of the truck. The CAF system is supposed to make the ability of the water to put out fire about 5 to 7 times better. It also, as a side benefit, makes the weight of the hoses about half when in use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: